Musings

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Adonis Blue

Apologies for not posting yesterday. Given that I'm on annual leave all week you'd think I'd have plenty of time to post on the blog but as usual I've made myself an unrealistic list of 'things to do' which means much toing and froing and missing of blog posts. Apologies also for mis-identifying this initially as a common blue. It is clearly an adonis from the black markings in the white borders!
Today I went on a glorious ride over the Downs with my (now older) pal Andy. We rediscovered the early spider orchids of which a few are still in flower but we also came across this stunning male adonis blue, Polyommatus belargus.
Managing to mostly miss the rain we then had a magnificent lunch with a couple of bottles of claret, the likes of which I doubt I'll ever be lucky enough to taste again.
Cheers! 

No comments: